Job Opportunity: Senior Communications Consultant, DIGITAX Programme
Closing date for applications: May 8th, 2022
The International Centre for Tax and Development (ICTD) is looking to hire a skilled and motivated Senior Communications Consultant to lead on the design and execution of the communications and engagement strategy for the DIGITAX research programme.
DIGITAX is a three-year research programme funded by the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation. With the rapid expansion of mobile money and other digital financial services (DFS), as well as the increased relevance of digital IDs across Africa and other lower-income countries, the DIGITAX programme aims to generate knowledge and evidence to support governments in overcoming the challenges and leveraging the opportunities presented in two main areas:
- The first is the design of appropriate and effective taxation of DFS and its providers, which can impact the development of these markets and financial inclusion.
- The second is harnessing the potential that the expansion of DFS and digital IDs presents, in terms of extensive new data, for the improvement of tax collection and administration.
This is an exciting opportunity to shape and lead on delivering the communications and engagement strategy for a cutting-edge research programme. The role will involve:
- Working closely with DIGITAX researchers to identify key messages and strategise on the dissemination of research findings and policy recommendations
- Leading on the continuing development and delivery of the DIGITAX communication strategy, including media and social media strategies
- Managing the DIGITAX communications budget and projects, including contracting external firms and freelancers for the production of multimedia content and other outputs
- Writing and editing material (including blogs, policy briefs, and news stories)
- Organising engagements with policymakers and other partners and stakeholders, including both in-person and virtual events
- Measuring the reach and impact of the programme’s communications and engagement for donor reporting
This is a full time consultancy contract, to begin as soon as possible and continue until March 31st, 2024.
£45,000 – £60,000 per annum, negotiable depending on experience and fit for the role
The consultant can be based anywhere in the world, as this is a remote position. The focus of the work is international, and primarily in sub-Saharan Africa. Some travel can be expected, although not frequently.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please send your CV and cover letter to [email protected] with the subject line “DIGITAX Comms – Your Name”
The deadline to apply is May 8th, 2022.