The 5th ICTD Annual Centre Meeting
Linking Research and Practice: The ICTD after 5 Years
The fifth annual meeting of the ICTD in association with the Ethiopian Revenue and Customs Authority (ERCA)
10‐12 February 2016, Addis Ababa
Photo by Rhiannon McCluskey
Day 1 Presentations
Wednesday, 10 February 2016
Milly Isingoma Nalukwago and Ronald Waiswa (Uganda Revenue Authority)
2. Effective Tax Rates in Ethiopia
Presentation by Giulia Mascagni (ICTD/IDS, UK)
Presentation by Retta Assefa (ERCA)
By Stephen Spratt (IDS, UK)
5. ICTD Annual Lecture: Thinking about Tax Administration
Michael Keen (IMF, USA)
Day 2 Presentations
Thursday, 11 February 2016
Olav Lundstol (Royal Norwegian Embassy in Brazil)
2. What do we Know about the Mineral Resource Rent Sharing in Africa?
Céline de Quatrebarbes (FERDI, Université d’Auvergne, France)
3. ICTD Synthesis Paper on Mining Taxation in Low Income Countries (powerpoint not used)
Mick Moore (ICTD/IDS, UK)
Michael Durst (ICTD, UK)
Wilson Prichard (University of Toronto, Canada, and ICTD) and Tiangboho Sanogo (CERDI, Université d’Auvergne, France)
6. What have we learned about gender and taxation? (powerpoint not used)
Written by Anuradha Joshi (ICTD/IDS, UK) and presented by Attiya Waris
7. The Implications for Africa of the OECD Report on Base Erosion and Profit Shifting (BEPS) (powerpoint not used)
A panel discussion, in part feedback from the ICTD Workshop The BEPS Project and Beyond to be held in Addis Ababa on 9th February. Likely panellists: Michael Durst, Eric Mensah (UN Tax Committee, Ghana Revenue Authority), Annet Oguttu (University of South Africa), Sol Picciotto and Attiya Waris (University of Nairobi).
Day 3 Presentations
Friday, 12 February 2016
1. What We Have Learned About Tax Compliance in Africa?
Milly Nalukwago (Uganda Revenue Authority), Firew Woldeyes (EDRI), Wollela Yesegat (University of Addis Ababa), Giulia Mascagni (IDS/ICTD, UK) and Odd-Helge Fjeldstad (Chr. Michelsen Institute, Norway, and ICTD)
2. Researching Tax Compliance in Rwanda (presentation will be updated soon)
Presentation by Giulia Mascagni (ICTD/IDS), Denis Mukama (Rwanda Revenue Authority), Nara Monkam (ATAF) and Christopher Nell (ICTD/IDS, UK)
Samuel Jibao (Centre for Economic Research and Capacity Building, Sierra Leone, and ATI, University of Pretoria) and Vanessa van den Boogaard (University of Toronto, Canada)
Listen to the audio presentation here
4. Transparency in Revenue Administration: Global Standards for Data Maintenance and Performance Measurement?
Michael Durst (ICTD, UK)
Follow this link to find the photos of the event.