Applications open for ICTD Research Methods & Dissemination Workshop
The ICTD is pleased to invite applications for its Research Methods and Dissemination workshop to be held in July in Addis Ababa.
Dates: 24th – 27th July 2018
Location: Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
Participant Places: 15
Fees: Successful applicants will be fully funded
Application Deadline: 30th April 2018
Entry Requirements: Applicants should submit a research paper that is a work in progress. This should be an early draft that is not under review for publication. Detailed proposals will also be considered.
The application process has now closed for this workshop – Many thanks to all who applied
Target Audience: The training targets early and mid-career African researchers who would like to strengthen their methodological approach to researching issues on taxation. Applicants need not have a strong research background. Participants are envisaged to be individuals from revenue authorities, ministries of finance, academia and civil society.
- Qualitative research designs and methods including interviews, participant observation and archival research
- Strengths and limitations of qualitative research methods
- Research ethics
- Designing surveys and experiments
- Deciding on sample size and stratification
- Analysing data
Publication and Dissemination
- Factors to take into account when preparing for publishing in academic journals or submitting working papers
- Dealing with reviewers’ comments and rejections
- Articulating the significance of the research
- Disseminating research to a wider audience through policy briefs and blogs
All sessions are interactive with opportunities to reflect on the papers submitted by the participants. The ultimate goal of the workshop is to provide practical feedback that can be acted upon by the participants to turn their papers into publishable work.