In a bid to enhance operations and improve tax compliance, many tax administrations are investing in digital transformation. In the interest of supporting effective digitization reforms, the ICTD’s Nigerian Tax Research Network (NTRN), in partnership with the African Centre for Tax and Governance (ACTG), is holding a one-day seminar on the digitalisation of tax administration in Nigeria.
The main objective of the event is to bring together key stakeholders, present research findings from the NTRN related to the theme and facilitate discussion of the pertinent issues. The target participants include Heads of Tax Administrations in Nigeria or their representatives, including the Federal Inland Revenue Service (FIRS) and select State Internal Revenue Services.
This is the first of a series of hybrid focused professional-level seminars. The link to join the event online is available here. Subscribe to the NTRN newsletter here and follow on Twitter, Facebook, or LinkedIn to find out about future events.
The event will be moderated by:
- Mustapha Ndajiwo, Founder/Executive, ACTG
- Dr Oliver Owen, Research Director, NTRN/ICTD
- Michael Falade, Executive Secretary/Coordinator, NTRN/ICTD
Key presenters at the event include:
- Fabrizio Santoro, DIGITAX Research Programme Co-Lead, ICTD
- Dr Nimmo Elmi, Director of Research & Capacity Building, ACTG
- Dr Abdulsalam Mas’ud, Senior Lecturer, Department of Taxation, Federal University Dutse, & NTRN/ICTD Grantee
- Oyebola Okunogbe, Economist at the World Bank and NTRN Advisory Board member & grantee
- Selected Executive Chairpersons, State Internal Revenue Services
Venue, Date and Time
MEETHAQ HOTELS, JABI · Plot 683 Cadastral Zone BO4, Jabi, Abuja
20th June 2022
9:00 am to 5:00 pm WAT/GMT+1 (Abuja, London)
11:00 am to 7:00 pm EAT (Nairobi, Nigeria)
How to join online
Join online with this link https://zoom.us/j/98961186321
or dial in with your local number https://zoom.us/u/ac7UauW1Zt and the meeting ID: 989 6118 6321