Revenue administrations have recently been investing significant efforts into registering a large number of new taxpayers, in the broader quest to formalise the informal sector. But have these efforts been effective in increasing revenue and improving administration?
The ICTD hosted a webinar featuring the experiences of our Tax Administration partners from six African revenue administrations who will discuss pitfalls and successes in tax registration.
Moderated by Giulia Mascagni (ICTD Research Director), speakers include:
- Max Gallien, ICTD
- Edward Groening, Eswatini Revenue Authority
- Philip M. Kargbo, National Revenue Authority, Sierra Leone
- Denis Mukama, Rwanda Revenue Authority
- Allen Nassanga, Uganda Revenue Authority
- Damacrine M. Nyandigisi, Kenya School of Revenue Administration
- Ronald Waiswa, African Tax Administration Forum