The Covid-19 crisis facing informal workers – what can be done?
About the event
COVID-19 has had a huge impact on the health and economies of countries all over the world. Some of the hardest hit have been low-income informal sector workers. This event will discuss the impacts the global pandemic has had so far, how they can be mitigated and the longer-term implications for the informal sector. And as countries begin to look ahead to rebuilding their economies, are there any opportunities for positive change?
- Vanessa van den Boogaard, Research Fellow, International Centre for Tax and Development (ICTD) at IDS and Senior Research Associate, Munk School of Global Affairs & Public Policy at the University of Toronto
- Stephen Devereux, Research Fellow, IDS
- Max Gallien, Research Fellow at International Centre for Tax and Development (ICTD) at IDS
- Amrita Saha, Research Fellow, IDS
- Hina Shaikh, Country Economist, International Growth Center, Pakistan
Chair: Peter Taylor, Director of Research, IDS