Job Opportunity: Communications Consultant, DIGITAX Programme
Closing date for applications: July 5, 2021
The International Centre for Tax and Development (ICTD) is looking to hire a talented, passionate and motivated Communications Consultant to lead on the development and delivery of a communications strategy for the DIGITAX programme.
DIGITAX is a three-year research programme funded by the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation. With the rapid expansion of mobile money and other digital financial services (DFS), as well as the increased relevance of digital IDs across Africa and other lower-income countries, the DIGITAX programme aims to generate knowledge and evidence to support governments in overcoming the challenges and leveraging the opportunities presented in two main areas:
- The first is the design of appropriate and effective taxation of DFS and its providers, which can impact the development of these markets and financial inclusion.
- The second is harnessing the potential that the expansion of DFS and digital IDs presents, in terms of extensive new data, for the improvement of tax collection and administration.
This is an exciting opportunity to shape and lead on delivering the communications strategy for a cutting-edge research programme:
- Work with DIGITAX researchers to identify key messages and disseminate findings and policy recommendations
- Lead the development and delivery of the DIGITAX media strategy (including media monitoring, writing press releases and pitching, and responding to enquiries)
- Writing and editing material (including blogs, policy briefs, and news stories)
- Responsible for DIGITAX social media strategy (including posting across Twitter, Facebook, and LinkedIn).
- Produce multimedia content (contracting externally for creating videos, infographics, data visualisations, etc.)
- Help manage the publication of DIGITAX research papers and other outputs, and lead on dissemination and tracking of associated KPIs
- Organise DIGITAX events, both virtual and in-person
15/07/2021 – 14/07/22
This is a full time one-year consultancy contract which may be extended.
The consultant can be based anywhere in the world, as this is a remote position. The focus of the work is international, and primarily in sub-Saharan Africa. Some travel can be expected, although not frequently.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please send your CV and cover letter to email@example.com.
The deadline to apply is 5th July 2021.