ICTD hosts International Tax Workshop in Lagos
The ICTD is hosting a workshop on international tax issues on June 29-30 in Lagos in partnership with the Nigerian Federal Inland Revenue Service (FIRS) and Olaniwun Ajayi LP.
The workshop will cover topics including:
- Legal framework for transnational trade;
- Overview of the G20/Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD) Base Erosion and Profit Shifting (BEPS) proposals;
- Country-by-Country reports and Transfer Pricing Documentation;
- Transfer Pricing – Safe Harbours and other simplified methods;
- Limitations on Interest Deductions;
- Tax Treaty policy and implications of the BEPS Multilateral Instrument;
- Preventing abuse of tax treaties; and
- Highlights of tax reforms in Nigeria – Increasing tax to Gross Domestic Product (GDP) ratio.
Image credit: lagos workshop