While 2015 marked the deadline for the millennium development goals (MDGs), the UN had already started preparing a new development agenda. At the Rio+20, the UN conference on sustainable development held in 2012 in Brazil, the UN member states decide [ ... ]Continue reading
Rwanda has piloted a promising project that encourages more people to pay income tax. The venture boosted tax revenues by $9m, according to a report on the project that was published in December. Read the rest of the piece here. Read the repor [ ... ]Continue reading
On November 28th, the researchers from the ICTD, the African Tax Administration Forum, and the Rwanda Revenue Authority presented the results of their work to the Authority's management. The research examined the impact of different methods of commun [ ... ]Continue reading
The Ghanaian Times covered the ICTD's workshop on Gender and Tax in Africa, which was held in Accra in November.
Read the full piece: Develop Tax Policies to Benefit Women - African Governments Urged
The Ghana News Agency covered the ICTD's workshop on Gender and Tax in Africa, which was held in Accra in November. Read the piece: Tax Specialists Explore Ways to use Tax System to Benefit WomenContinue reading
The Business and Financial Times covered the ICTD's workshop on Gender and Tax in Africa, which was held in Accra in November. Read the full piece: Tax Practitioners Discuss Gender and Tax in AfricaContinue reading
The ICTD's CEO Mick Moore was interviwed on KTN's Business Today show. He discussed the inequity of tax systems in Africa, the scandal of tax exemptions given by governments to large companies, the need for more effective property taxation (especiall [ ... ]Continue reading
- Daily Monitor: Should Wealthy Ugandans Pay More Taxes?
- Taxing India's Smallest Businesses - BBC Interview with Prof. Mick Moore
- Why African countries aren’t taxing their rich - Radio Interview
- Improved knowledge on tax issues builds interest, increases compliance
- RRA urged to embrace best international taxation practices
- IDS: Taxes Help Spur Development
- Tax them and they will grow
- Uganda advised on oil tax laws
- Lagos proves Africa's Property Tax potential
- $2.48 Billion Is What Dar Has Lost Through Trade-Mis-Invocing In A Decade
- TRA: TAX EVASION STILL RAMPANT
- How TZ loses $248m to miners
- TRA ANALYSING RESEARCH CENTRE REPORT OF THE INTERNATIONAL TAX (ICTD)
- Property tax is an unexplored gold mine in sub-Saharan Africa
- Forget VAT and income tax, they are easy targets in Africa but the real goldmine is property
- Taking on Big Business: Does Africa need one taxman to counter smart multinationals?
- OECD Intangibles Review Won't Be Finalised in September
- How can we better compare fiscal fundamentals?
- Africa’s Tax Systems: Progress, but What Is the Next Generation of Reforms?
- Africa’s tax systems: progress, but what is the next generation of reforms?
- Zambia: Unequal Wealth Share Worries ICTD
- UK urged to support Zambia's tax-raising from multinationals
- South Sudan: Making Tax Work
- Sri Lanka could cooperate more with South Asia on tax: experts